BitcoinPortable, my portable bitcoin wrapper, is now in version 5. The thread in Bitcoin Forum has been moved here.
Download the portable wrapper (including binaries + source code) or the Ready 2 Run version (pay with a tweet).
1. It runs portably. (wow!)
2. It creates gzipped backups of your wallet every time you run it.
3. It launches correctly no matter what the working directory is.
4. It shows a progressbar with an ETA of when the Bitcoin window will appear while it's loading. (based on time it took the previous time)
5. Option to add custom command line parameters.
6. Encryption support using GPG. The wallet gets encrypted between runs of BitcoinPortable.
7. It can send all your balance to another address every hour.
1: Initial version.
2: Renames the startup link, starts Bitcoin, waits 10 seconds, deletes any new startup link, renames back the old link.
3: Bincoin is now set to idle priority after ten seconds for a faster startup (it was 0 seconds after it's window appeared)
StartupTime is now the average of it's previous value and the new startup time. (50-50 ratio)
UPnP support. (using UPnPPW, a closed source command line UPnP port forwarder which has to be manually downloaded)
Encryption support using GPG. The wallet gets encrypted between runs of BitcoinPortable.
Compression handled by GPG when the wallet is encrypted.
Downloads a the blockchain from a server if it doesn't exist, to save time.
It can send all your balance to another address every hour.
Option to add custom command line parameters.
First time wizard added.
4: Fixed a bug where gpg keyrings and other files were left behind.
5: No longer lowers the priority of the Bitcoin process.
The blockchain feature needs Bitcoin v0.4 to work.