Here is a screenshot of Bitcoin:
What is missing from the client is that it is not portable, it offers no protection for your wallet.dat (the file that holds all your Bitcoins) and no easy way to backup. So I decided to make a portable wrapper for it in AutoIt3.
Here is a list of features:
- It runs portably. (wow!)
- Encryption support using GPG. The wallet gets encrypted between runs of BitcoinPortable.
- It creates gzipped backups of your wallet every time you run it. If your wallet is encrypted, encrypted and compressed backups will be created instead.
- It launches correctly no matter what the working directory is.
- It shows a progressbar with an ETA of when the Bitcoin window will appear while it's loading. (based on time it took the previous time)
- Takes care not to mess up startup shortcuts of existing Bitcoin installations.
- Bincoin is set to idle priority ten seconds after its window appears to keep the startup fast and lower the system stress.
- UPnP support. (using UPnPPW, a closed source command line UPnP port forwarder which has to be manually downloaded)
- Downloads the blockchain from a server if it doesn't exist, to save time.
- It can send all your balance to another address every hour if you want.
- Option to add custom command line parameters.
- First time wizard.
PS: More posts with new programs and small websites are coming. I've neglected posting for a long time so quite a few have been queued. ;-)
PS2: I forgot to say that there is a thread in the Bitcoin forum about it.