- The progress bar moves smoothly and not only on the end of files.
- FrontPAQ doesn't show a folder selection dialog if you run it. Instead it displays how to use it which now has changed: you drag and drop things on it. That way you can have it on your Desktop or you can have a shortcut in the quick launch and use it easily by dragging directories or files on it.
- It will search the directory where it is stored for PAQ8P*.exe compressors and use the first one if available. If it finds none then it will temporarily export an embedded one in its directory. If its directory is read-only (eg CDROM) it will use the system temp instead.
- It is compatible with PAQ8PF too which is a much faster compressor with still great compression.
- It includes two embedded compressors: PAQ8PX v64 and PAQ8PF beta 1. You can select any of them when you select the level of compression.
- It now gives proper advice when the "tmpfile: access denied" error is encountered. (reboot or run as admin)
To download FrontPAQ v4 click here.